Friday, April 4, 2008

Taking Care of Business

Karen's up at the mission receipting donations today. I'm in my home office wrapping up some of the final paperwork related to our trip, updating records, and getting my head back into the normal routine of ministry again. It's overcast with rain right now (We're not in California anymore, Toto) . Tucker and Tanner are asleep together over on the dog bed nearby. Hope's sleeping in the living room waiting for Karen to come home.

There are hints of Spring about. We were concerned our climbing roses might not survive the winter but they're starting to bud, Daffodils are pushing up, and the grass is green though not yet needing a mow. That'll change quickly once the sun actually comes out.

This afternoon Karen and I are headed to Zanesville to pick the April GroundCrew up from the print shop and deliver it to MMS. The MMS ladies will get together over the next week or so to stuff envelopes and finalize the mailing. This was the first of the 33 issues I've written to be produced while I was away from the hangar. I depended on Scott Grote (MMS Production Mechanic) for photos and on Tim Obarow (MMS Production Manager) for hangar information. With the photos and facts in hand, I wrote the copy, organized the concept, and sent the project components to Tammy Farrell of TNT Graphics, who did another amazing job on the layout. Be watching for the April GroundCrew coming soon to a mailbox near you.

No comments: